Macaroni with Garlic Butter Snails and Artichoke Hearts

Macaroni with Garlic Butter Snails and Artichoke Hearts

This is not a typical food that I cook everyday. I only make if I'm lazy or no time to cook.

As I'm a person who likes using a bit heat in food, I throw some slices of red chili. The dish looked too pale for me, so add parsley to give more colour. Three things that didn't come from a package were onion, parsley, and red chili.

When I was a kid, I vividly recalled that I enjoyed snails as sate bekicot (snail sate) and snail chips. Let see how those snails or the French says "Escargot" came in a can.


Garlic Butter Sauce Snails in a Can


How did I make this lazy meal?

You will need:
1/2 onion, chopped
1 red chili, sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 can garlic butter snail
1 small jar (170 ml) marinated arichoke hearts, drained and chucked
200 g macaroni
water
pepper

Methods:
1. In a pot, boil water. Add salt, a bit olive oil and macaroni. Cook macaroni until al dente. Drain and save a bit of water from cooking pasta.

2. In a skillet, combine olive oil and butter that you saw on top of the snail can, with yellowish colour. Saute onion and red chili for a minute.

3. Add macaroni, a bit water from cooking pasta, artichoke hearts and snail. Cook until they mix. Sprinkle over, parsley and pepper. I don't add any salt since the snail already salty enough. Ready to serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment