Homemade Chocolate Sweetened Condensed Milk

Homemade Chocolate Condensed Milk
I envy you whoever can buy and get 
chocolate sweetened condensed milk 
in a can


For those who have never been to Indonesia, I bet you will say what Chocolate Sweetened Condensed Milk is. In Indonesia, we know two kinds of Sweetened Condensed Milk, one is the regular and another one is flavoured with chocolate.

We use this milk for our avocado shake, cake and dessert thingy, drizzle over our bread and beverages. Well, for you guys who live in Singapore, you can get that flavoured milk at www.belanja.com.sg.

For your information, the well known brands of sweetened condensed milk in the country are cap bendera (frisian flag), indomilk and dairy farm. Are there any other new brands come out? I have no idea. Those three are the ones that I recalled.

I have been in Winnipeg for 5 years and not seen the flavoured sweetened condensed milk yet. If I want to get it, I have to buy it from Indonesian food online stores.

Then, I decided to make the homemade version as I have a chocolate bar, El Rey Gran Saman Dark 70%. This chocolate was a gift from a good friend of mine, Mindy or I call her Mindoel. She resided in Caracas, Venezuela and this August, she moved back to Germany for good. Thanks, Ndoel! Hope you settle soon and we can chit chat again :D.

Venezuelan Dark Chocolate


By the way, I also made my own chocolate spread and syrup with this chocolate bar.  How to make this homemade chocolate sweetened condensed milk? Sorry, no measurement here.


"You will use a double boiler method. Just mix and melt the chocolate bar and a can of sweetened condensed milk in a bowl. In case your mixture is too thick, add evaporated milk. You may put some more of sweetened condensed milk, but I found it will be too sweet for me."


So, what is the difference between evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk? Those two are very similar, but the sweetened one add more sugar. There is a bit distinct between sweetened condensed milk South East Asia and other places. In SE Asia, the sweetened one is also added by palm oil to reduce the cost.

0 comments:

Post a Comment