Dark Chocolate A�ai a& Blueberry in Retro

Dark Chocolate A�ai and Blueberry


If you follow my flickr, you may see this picture before. I have posted on there and kinda didn't feel to post on my blog at that time. But, I changed my mind.   I should tell you that I love this shot. Not only the shot, I do love the taste of this chocolate, fill with the goodness of A�ai and Blueberry.

Before I continue telling you what A�ai is. In the US, the products have a slightly different name. In Canada, the company sells under a name Dark Chocolate A�ai & Blueberry while in the US, it's Dark Chocolate A�ai with Blueberry.

You may not familiar with the name of A�ai. A�ai (ah-sigh-ee) berries are the fruit of the a�ai palm tree.




According to wikipedia, eight species are native to Central and South America, from Belize southward to Brazil and Peru, growing mainly in swamps and floodplains. A�a� palms are tall, slender palms growing to 15�30 meters, with pinnate leaves up to 3 meters long. The berry has been harvested for hundreds of years as a staple in the local diet.

In Canada, A�a� can be found in the forms of frozen pulp for smoothie mix and juice. It's one of suprefruits and has the high antioxidant property. Two times more than Pomegranates, three times more than blueberries and ten times more than red grapes. Also, it has a fatty acid ratio resembling olive oil and the same protein profile of an egg.

I found this product on sale at that time at the Shoppers Drug Mart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment