Focaccia Bread x 2

Got confused by the title? Don't be! If you are my readers on my multiply, you will know that I have been posting twice.

First story of my Focaccia bread was starting at work. I was reading a recipe of Focaccia bread, I had to make them for the supper and I asked Dan to show me how to make it at that time. Dan told me that the recipe is too complicated and he showed me the easiest way. I was looking up a recipe that is closed to Dan's direction, and I found a recipe from epicurious.com. Most recipes call for olive oil, here I modified by using grapeseed oil.

The second story was just because I still had fresh rosemary. I tried a little different touch for the top, sprinkling garlic over. While I made the second one, I didn't use my heater for raising the dough as my first one. I turned on my oven, let oven door open and sit the dough bowl on the door.


Rosemary Focaccia Bread
Rosemary Focaccia Bread


The recipe

Ingredients:
2 cups warm water (105�F; to 115�F;)
2 tsp dry yeast

4 1/2 cups (about) all purpose flour
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar

3 tbsp grapeseed oil
4 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
4 cloves garlic, minced (omit this for Rosemary focaccia bread)
salt (coarse, Kosher snd sea salt are preferably)


Garlic Rosemary Focaccia Bread
Garlic Rosemary Focaccia Bread

Directions:
Place 2 cups warm water in large bowl. Sprinkle dry yeast over; stir with fork. Let stand until yeast dissolves, about 10 minutes.

Add 4 1/4 cups flour, sugar and salt to yeast mixture and stir to blend well (dough will be sticky). Knead dough with a food processor that has a dough blade or a mixer with a dough hook or on floured surface until smooth and elastic, adding more flour by tablespoonfuls if dough is sticky, about 10 minutes. Form dough into ball. Oil the dough ball. Put in a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm area (I put it closed to my heater) until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours. Punch down dough; knead into ball and return to same bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm area until doubled, about 45 minutes or less

Coat 15x10-inch baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil. Punch down dough. Transfer to prepared sheet. Using fingertips, press out dough to 13x10-inch rectangle. Let dough rest 10 minutes. Drizzle 2 tablespoons oil over dough. Sprinkle chopped rosemary and salt evenly over. Let dough rise uncovered in warm area until puffy, about 25 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375�F. Set rack in center of oven. Press fingertips all over dough, forming indentations. Bake bread until brown and crusty, about 30 minutes. Serve bread warm or at room temperature.

0 comments:

Post a Comment