[CLICK: The Photo Event] Homemade Hot Chocolate


Yesterday, the new edition of Canadian Living magazine was coming in my mailbox. Late night, I opened up and read couple articles as well as the recipes. I was tempted to try their hot chocolate's recipe so bad, which I found similar to the way Starbucks' making the hot chocolate. The different, Starbucks uses steam wand to steam the milk and chocolate syrup and this homemade one uses an immersion blender and stove.

You can garnish this hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate shaved on top. This photo is also my entry for CLICK the photo event "Liquid Comfort", hosted by Jai and Bee of Jugalbandi.


Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XTi with lens kit 18-55 mm
Setting: ISO 100, speed 1/13 s, f/6.3


Ingredients:
4 squares (about 117 g) semi sweet chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup water
2 cups milk (I used 2% milk)

Directions:
In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot not boiling water, melt chocolate with water until smooth.

Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat milk until steaming and small bubbles appear around edge. Using immersion blender or whisk, blend in chocolate. Pour into mugs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment