Surprised Supper


I came home early, opened up the door I smelled something good. My husband planned to surprise me with supper, the supper wasn't ready yet, but I was already at the front door . He prepared tuna steaks, spinach salad and blached asparagus. He marinated yellow fin tuna steaks with sesame, teriyaki and ginger sauce ready to use for few minutes, then seared each side for two minutes. He topped the spinach salad with garlic croutons, almonds, banana chips and raisin. Remain teriyaki marinade mixture was heated up in a microwave, then drizzled over blanched asparagus. The asparagus was also perfect with that sauce.








He screwed up with the tuna, he was supposed to drizzle enough oil over the hot grilled pan. So when he seared the tuna and tried to flip them, he had a hard time to flip, some of them were stuck on the pan and fell apart. He wanted to sear tuna all over until golden brown yest still cold and rare inside. Overall he did it, he made rare inside perfectly.









I love those tuna steaks, the rare part reminds me of sashimi tuna taste :) Thank you, Pung.







Spinach Salad with Garlic Croutons, Almonds, Banana Chips and Raisins

0 comments:

Post a Comment