My Comfort Food - Mie Jamur Pangsit Bakso

Never get bored of this food. Yeahh, this is one of my comfort food, Mie Ayam Jamur Pangsit Bakso (literally translate: Chicken Noodle with Meatball and Wonton Soup). Back then, I never made them by myself, it is easy to find in Indonesia, from street food vendors or hawkers to restaurants.

Summer in Winnipeg is insanely hot, the highest temperature of this summer is up to 50 degrees celsius with the humidity. Today was pouring which is good, it's cooled down the temperature. Rain always reminds me of Bogor, reminds me of Mie Ayam Jamur Pangsit Bakso at Mie Tasik on Suryakencana street.


I decided to make my instant Mie Jamur Pangsit Bakso. I didn't say Mie Ayam Jamur, coz I didn't add any chicken in Ayam Jamur (Chicken and Mushroom Stir Fry, see the recipe at here). I also made Bakso Ayam Wortel (Chicken and Carrot Balls) instead of Bakso (usually this term goes for beef balls in Indonesia), my pangsit (wonton) was filled with chicken and carrot balls dough. At this moment I didn't use tapioca starch or arrowroot starch for making bakso (bakso's recipe can be seen here), I used hagou flour which is usually used for making hakau/dimsum. For soup, I used to make it from chicken bones for broth, and today I made it from dashi stock dissolved in water. For the noodles, I used fresh wonton noodles that you can buy at any grocery or Asian store. Before serving, noodles should be cooked in boiling water for 3 minutes or until done. Blanch yuey choy (sawi hijau) or baby bok choy in boling water, drain and cooling them in cold water.


Serving Time... Place cooked noodles in a bowl, add chicken oil, salt, ground pepper, and Indonesian sweet soy sauce (optional if you want to make mie yamin, Indonesian mie ayam for sweet taste version, see the recipe at here). Today, I didn't use chicken oil, I just used sesame and soybean oil. Place Mushroom Stir Fry and bok choy on noodles. In another small bowl, place broth, bakso, pangsit, and sprinkle with green onion slices. Remember these all are only shortcut to get Mie Jamur Pangsit Bakso, not the authentic one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment