Asparagus Beef Bowl

After work, I had no idea what I was going to cook for supper. I had fried rice leftover that I bought at Korean Pavilion and I added gochujang, stir evenly and ready to eat for lunch. As I was having my lunch, I remember one time I saw a asparagus beef bowl recipe at detikfood.com. Beef Bowl is usually served at Japanese restaurants in Indonesia,
since I added gochujang which is known as Korean red pepper paste, this dish is not a Japanese recipe anymore.

I went out to grocery store to buy asparagus and I was ready to make my asparagus beef bowl. As usual, I like to make a bit different from the original recipe.


Ingredients:
300 - 400 g warmed cooked rice (I used short grain rice/sushi rice)

Topping:
1 tbsp olive oil minyak sayur
1/2 - 1 tsp sesame oil minyak sayur
2 cloves garlic, minced
50 g onion, chopped
2 green onions, sliced
200 g veggie ground round (it can be substituted for ground beef)
200 g asparagus, thinly angle cut
2 tbsp hot sauce (I substituted for gochujang)
1/2 tsp chili powder (optional, detikfood's recipe didn't add this)
1 - 1 1/2 tbsp Indonesian sweet soy sauce
4 tbsp Japanese soy sauce
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper


Directions:
Topping:


  • Heat olive oil in a skillet at medium-high heat, stir fry garlic, onion and green onion until wilted. in ollive oil.



  • Add asparagus, veggie ground round, add other seasonings, stir evenly until asparagus and veggie ground round are cooked. If you use ground beef , you have to cook until the beef is cooked, then you can add other seasonings and asparagus. Remove from heat.


  • Serving


  • Combine warmed cooked rice with sesame oil. Place rice in a bowl and add asparagus beef mixture over the rice.

  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment