Stella's Cafe and Bakery

Open Face Gravlax with Carrot Coriander Soup
Yummy Gravlax

The Stella's Cafe and Bakery serves all day breakfast menu.   I never ordered the same food whenever I went there.

The first time I felt in love with this cafe was about 3 years ago. I adored their homemade jam. With a perfect sweetness, I meant for a person who doesn't like too much sweet things like me; their jam is so perfect. Also, I still could find the strawberry chunks in it. You can dunk your toast into the jam.

Last Wednesday, my husband (PB) and I went there for the sixth time. I saw the cafe has new choices. While PB ordered a fish burger with a cup of carrot coriander soup, I chose an Open Face Gravlax Salmon with the same soup as he had.

Surely, he loved the fish burger which was made from pickerel. As Stella's style, it always had a sprinkle of fried shallots inside the burger. What about me? It was my first time to have Gravlax. I do love it. I am a sashimi lover, so I didn't refuse Gravlax at all. Gravlax is a Nordic dish consisting of raw salmon, cured in salt, sugar, and dill. If you still wonder about Gravlax, here is a good link to inform you more.

My Canadian husband has a very little mix with Icelandic.  However, he didn't know about Gravlax before.:)

He also enjoyed the bottled tea that we only found at Stella's so far. Perfect sweetness and acidity! Not too sweet nor too sour.  To wake me up, I needed a bit caffeine for my beverage. I picked a cup of Caff� Latte.

Natural Bottled Tea

Caffe Latte

The ambient is very relax, even though most of the time are busy.

I'm doing this review not because I get paid.  Hence, this is my personal opinion. When you are in Winnipeg, try to visit this local cafe.  The Stella's has 3 locations in town.  The one that I used to go is at 166 Osborne Street.
Stella's Bakery and Cafe on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment