Jus Alpukat - Indonesian Avocado Blended/Shake

Jus Alpukat - Indonesian Avocado Shake (Edited) Perfect for hot weather! Today was 29C in Winnipeg

For people who only know that avocado is added into savoury dish, I'll tell you something about avocado. I grew up with fresh fruit shake that we can buy from the street food hawkers at most places in Indonesia. My favourite fruit shakes are guava, soursop and avocado. Usually the sellers will have whatever fruits are in season.

Anyway, what I'm going say, I didn't really know about putting avocado into savoury stuff before. Nowdays, I use avocado for both, savoury (sushi, sandwich, dipping) and sweet (avocado shake and smoothie).

Yes, avocado blended/shake is very popular beverage in Indonesia and Vietnam. That is why I can easily purchase avocado shake at the Vietnamese restaurants in Winnipeg, since there is no Indonesian restaurant in town. However, there is a different style compare to the one that I used to have.

Every family or person has their own recipe. My family used to add coffee instant and chocolate sweetened condensed milk or mocha syrup. It's topped with chocolate sprinkle which the Indonesian is called for meisis. Some people serve this with ice cream on top and it's called avocado float.

As chocolate sweetened condensed milk is not available for purchased in Winnipeg, I just used the regular sweetened condensed milk.

PS. I almost forgot about this until today I visited Serge's blog. He blogged about this on February. I posted this picture before on my facebook.

Note. when I made this, I didn't have my mocha syrup. I was in Boissevain not at my own house. Well, I can only find Marjan Boudain's mocha syrup in Winnipeg.


Jus Alpukat
Indonesian Avocado Blended/Shake

Ingredients:
2 ripe avocados
1 tsp espresso coffee brew (if you like stronger/weaker taste, feel free to add/reduce more)
4- 5 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
300 ml water
ice crushed as much as desired
mocha syrup
chocolate sprinkle.

Directions:
Blend all ingredients, except chocolate sprinkle until smooth. In the serving glasses, add mocha syrup, transfer the avocado mixture and sprinkle with chocolate sprinkle over before serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment