What a Simple Dinner

My laziness was coming back. I just made easy dinner for us. While I enjoyed this soup with warmed rice, my husband enjoyed it with open face ham sandwiches. The ham is not a real ham but soy ham for the vegetarians.

Vegetarian Sandwich

Vegetarian Sandwich 2
Open face Soy Ham Sandwichies


In this recipe I didn't use vegetable homemade, but I used vegetable broth for clear soup that is sold in a can at Asian groceries. It's just a modified simple chicken and vegetable soup that I used to have while I was in Indonesia.

I love nutmeg flavor and prefer use the whole one than the ground one.

Sup Bunga KolSup Bunga Kol 2
Tofu and Vegetables Soup




Simple Tofu and Vegetable Soup
My very own recipe


Ingredients:
3 cloves garlic
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 -1 whole nutmeg, grated (I prefer use whole nutmeg than ground nutmeg)
750 L vegetable broth
750 L water
300 g carrots, peeled and cut as desired
250 g cauliflower florets
6 frozen fried bean (tofu) balls (Indonesian: tahu pong/tahu sumedang), halved
ground white pepper
salt (only if you like saltier food, I didn't add any salt, since the broth has salt in it)
Chinese celery leaves, chopped (I didn't have them, so I added cilantro instead)


Sup Bunga Kol 3

Directions:
1. Bring vegetable broth and water to a boil. Meanwhile, saute garlic, onion and nutmeg until fragrant.

2. Transfer garlic mixture to a broth pot. Add vegetables, keep cooking until all vegetables slightly tender. Add frozen fried bean balls and cilantro. Let simmer for 10 minutes more. Remove from heat.


0 comments:

Post a Comment