[Vegetarian Awareness Month] Vegetarian Informations and Strawberry Tomatoes


Thank you to Margot of Coffee and Vanilla for hosting a blog event "Vegetarian Awareness Month". For this event, my entry wasn't a vegetarian recipe, I would like to share some informations regarding vegetarianism and some pictures of my strawberry tomatoes.

Vegetarian Informations
Some people think becoming a vegetarian is hard, they have to eat tofu, but don't like the tofu taste. It's totally wrong, there is no rule in vegetarian that you have to eat tofu while you don't eat meat. I myself live with a semi-vegetarian, I meant my husband still eat fish and seafood, but no other meats. In this case, I still eat meat but I'm the cook, do you think I don�t get confused what I'm going to cook for him? The first time, I admitted that I did get confused, even my husband loves tofu and tempeh as well. We found out that so many vegetarian products are out there, such as smoked wheat which is taste like a real smoked beef, roast wheat which is taste like a real roast beef, veggie ground chicken and many other choices for the vegetarian. I have a picture of vegetarian products that I have in my pantry and freezer.

1

One of my favourites is a can of vegetable broth which tastes really like chicken broth and it�s perfect for soups, such as a wonton soup.

There is a good information from veggie123.com about types of vegetarians. According to that website, my husband can be called as a pesco vegetarian. I promise I will post mie ayam jamur pangsit (literally: chicken and mushroom noodle with wonton soup in a pesco vegetarian version) next time.


Strawberry Tomatoes
I saw strawberry tomatoes for sale at the first time at Dong Thai, the oriental store that I�m used to go for Indonesian and Asian groceries as well. With a good smell of tomato and rich red color, I was tempting to try. I went home with a pack of strawberry tomatoes. I�m not a big fan of tomatoes, but I do love these tomatoes.

1

2


They are slightly different from cherry tomatoes, which is bigger than cherry tomatoes. I couldn�t resist stopping eating them. It�s too good to add them in my cooking, I prefer eat them raw for my snack. After trying one pack, the juiciness, sweetness and tenderness were made me to buy again. They haven�t been very popular at the stores, but I�m pretty sure you will find them while they are on season.


5

3

4

Read more information about strawberry tomatoes here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment