Two Versions of Tuna Avocado Salad

As mbak Rita replied on my multiply, salad is the best choice after all those Indonesian style eid-ul fitr dishes' which are usually heavy and high in cholesterol due to the use of coconut milk.

Being inspired by Michael Smith on Chef at Home show. I made two versions of tuna avocado salad. First version, pretty much different between my version and his. While Smith added parsley, lemon juice and olive oil, I didn't add those 3 ingredients. I added sweet onion mustard instead. I wish I had cilantro in my fridge two days ago when I made this. For sure, this tuna salad is healthier than regular tuna salad which is added mayo in. Instead of mayo, he added avocado to get creamier taste. I had this salad in spinach pesto wrap.

Tuna Avocado Salad Wraps

The second version I made was today. After work, I went to Superstore to buy a bunch of cilantro and a bag of key lime. I substituted for cilantro instead of parsley, substituted for key lime instead of lemon and also I reduced the use of olive oil.

Tuna Avocado Salad


Tips

Since I found out that my husband didn't seal back the plastic package of tortilla wraps that I bought couple days ago, so it was opened since yesterday. I know it will make my tortilla wraps dry, coz one time my coworker didn't close the lid of wrap's container properly.

What did I do? Put the wrap into a microwave and heat it up for 20 seconds or less, depend on how dry it is.

Another tips for tortilla, if you have broken tortillas, don't throw away. You can cut them into smaller pieces and mix with any dry seasoning such as cajun or others whichever you like. Bake them in the oven and you will get tortilla chips.

Ingredients:
Version # 1
1 can chunk light tuna in water
1 x avocado, pitted and peeled
2 -3 tsp sweet onion mustard
2 green onions, sliced
salt and pepper as desired
you can add cilantro if you like
spinach pesto tortilla wraps

Version # 2
1 can chunk light tuna in water
1 x avocado, pitted and peeled
2 tbsp key lime
1 tbsp EVVO
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 green onion, sliced
salt and pepper as desired

Directions:
Version # 1


Closer View of Tuna Avocado Salad

1. Drain and place tuna into a bowl.
2. Chop avocado and add along with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Toss well, place in spinach pesto tortilla wraps and wrap them up.

Closer View of The Wrap

Version # 2


Closer View of Tuna Avocado Salad 2

1. Place tuna and water into a bowl.
2. Chop avocado and add along with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Toss well and serve. I served with pita bread

0 comments:

Post a Comment