Setup Pisang // Javanese Plantain Setup

Hi Hi... Just want to take some rest while I'm still busy on packing and cleaning. Actually this setup was made on September 18, 2007 as well as the picture was taken. I don't translate what setup is in English, since I have no idea what setup is in bahasa Indonesia either in Javanese ^_^. Setup itself is just like another version of kolak without coconut milk added. You can see a kolak recipe on mbak Retno's blogspot. You can add any kind of fruits to your setup.

Setup was one of the desserts that my mom used to make for iftar. It reminded me of my childhood.



Ingredients:
1 kg plantain, peeled and cut as desired
500 ml water
200 g sugar
5 cm cinnamon stick
3 cloves


Directions:
Add water, sugar, cinnamon stick, and cloves in a pot, bring to a boil. Add plantain and cook until done. Transfer into the glass and add ice cubes before serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment