Tuna Bumbu Kemiri - Tuna in Candlenuts Sauce

I don't know where this recipe is native to (I meant which part of Indonesia), but as I remember several Javanese culinary use candlenuts as ingredient. In this recipe, green chili is supposed to be added, since I didn't have green chili in my fridge, I added bird chili instead.

I'm gonna post about candlenuts as soon as I have a chance to take a pic of candlenuts.



Category:
Meat & Seafood
Style:
Indonesian


Ingredients:
1 can chunk light tuna in water
5 champignon mushroom, cut into a half
4 cherry tomatoes, cut into a half *you can subtitute with other tomatoes instead*
2 shallots, sliced
1 small onion, sliced
4 garlic, grated
4 candlenuts, grated
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp sambal oelek
3 bird chilies, angle cut
white/black ground pepper, salt and sugar as desired

Directions:

� In a pan, heat the oil at medium-high. Add garlic, turmeric, candlenuts and sambal oelek. Stir fry until fragrant.
� Add onion, shallot, and bird chili, stir evenly.
� Add mushroom, tuna, tomato, a small amount of water, stir.
� Add salt, pepper and sugar to season. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Serve with steamed rice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment