Too Late to Say Gong Xi Fa Chai?

Phoenix Talons - Day 15 of 365

When I was 13 years old, our family moved to a residential area that had more Chinese descendants. My dad decided to move there since his work was remote to Surabaya.

In that area, I had more opportunity to know their culture, including the food. Take a look Tuty's blog, she mentioned all the goodies that I used to get from my neighbours when they celebrated Chinese New Year.

After graduating from high school, I moved to Bogor to continue my education where I met my good friend who has mixed blood of Chinese, Javanese and Sundanese. I recalled we loved to collect Chinese accessories and see barongsai (Lion's dance). Not only that, we love to eat noodle, Sundanese food and fish head.

Ohh well, time goes by so fast. I miss that old time! Not to mention that I got the day off because Chinese New Year is a public holiday in Indonesia. I know I am to late to say "Gong Xi Fa Chai" or "Selamat Tahun Baru Imlek" or Happy Chinese New Year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment