Flan de Kiwi y Pandan - Kiwi Flan with Pandan

Flan de Kiwi y Pandan

Terribly forgetful to post this recipe!!! I had photos' project about a year ago for Natural Kiwifruit Del Mi�o based in Portugal. To create five dishes with kiwi as one of the main ingredients as well as the picture.s The photos should represent its logo colour, green and red, but the red should not overpower the green.

Since I was a full time student and part-time commercial kitchen staff at that time, I did that project for few months. I was glad that my client could understand my situation.

Me know Spanish? Big No! I had to figure out how to name this recipe in Spanish words. I asked Luciano, the one who works for the company and contacted me to do this project.

I still remember how hard I tried to make a fusion flan since I never made the classic one either. Played around with the measurement as this recipe was my own creation. I twisted the classic flan recipe with greenish sweet sour fruit from New Zealand, Kiwi and pandan flavour, one of Asian favourites in cooking or dessert stuff.

It would be a perfect treat for you who celebrate Christmas...

Flan de Kiwi y Pandan
- Kiwi Flan with Pandan -
recipe of Spain Recipes, modified by me

Ingredients:
3 - 4 kiwis (depend how big they are), peeled
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 can (14 oz) can condensed milk
6 eggs
1/4 tsp pandan paste (it can be found at Asian markets)

Caramelized Sugar Topping
1/2 cup granulated Sugar
pomegranate for garnish

Directions:
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Caramelize the Sugar for Topping
1. Put a heavy skillet or saucepan over medium heat for 30 seconds.
2. Add 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
3. With the back of a wooden spoon, keep sugar moving constantly in skillet until sugar is completely melted, and of a rich medium brown color (caramelized).
4. Pour caramelized sugar into each of the ramekins. Set aside.

Prepare Flan
1. Place the kiwis, sugar eggs and condensed milk in to a food processor or blender and blend until kiwis are minced and all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
2. Ladle the kiwi mixture into each ramekin. Cover each ramekin with aluminum foil.
3. Place Ramekins in a Water Bath
4. Place each ramekin into a large open, oven-proof pan, such as a broiler pan.
5. Add very hot water to the pan. The ramekins should be submerged approximately 3/4 in the water.
6. Carefully place the pan on to the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, carefully remove each ramekin from the water, uncover and to allow to cool.
7. Once cool, place in refrigerator to chill.
8. Whenever you are ready to serve, run a paring knife around the outside of each ramekin to loosen the flan.
9. Place the serving plate on top of each one and flip it over. It may be necessary to tap the ramekin to force the flan to fall out onto the plate.
10. Garnish with fresh poemgranate. Serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment