Happy Hour at Dim Sum Garden

Last Saturday (March 29, 2008) was only 2C, but it had sleeted as you can see in the first picture, the road was so nasty. I was quite upset with the pictures here. It was my mistake too, I was in rush to take the pictures *too hungry:-P*. Also there was a dish that I didn't take a picture of, it was shrimp on green peppers with oyster sauce.

Gate to Chinawtown of Winnipeg

After I took pictures couple times, one of the servers came and asked me, " are you a professional photographer?"
I said, "Is there any rule that we can't take a picture here?"
"We are not allowed a pro photographer to take some pictures here."
"Ooo, no, it's just a hobby"
Hahahahahaha but I would say yes if he said we need a food photographer :-P

Another thing that was disappointed me, my favorite chicken feet came late, they put them on the cart right after we were standing front of the cashier to pay. :(

The only two places for dim sum in Winnipeg that I have been, are Kum Koon Garden and Dim Sum Garden. Kum Koon is pricey but if you look for a good food for Chinese food, it is the place. If you want to go for dim sum that is more modestly price than Kum Koon, go try Dim Sum Garden during their happy hour (2 pm to 5 pm).

Dim Sum Garden
277 Rupert Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B 0N5
(204) 942-8297

Enjoy the pictures folks!

Red Baby Octopus

Squids
Bean Curd 1
Bean Curd 2

Shrimp and Scallop Dumplings
Shrimp and Scallop Dumplings or we call Hakau in Indonesian

Fried Stuffed Eggplants
Fried Eggplants Stuffed with Shrimp

Shrimp in Eggplants

Gai-lan with Shrimp Paste Sauce

Gai-lan with Shrimp Paste Sauce (Petis Udang in Indonesian)

Next are two pictures of my favorite mango pudding.
Mango Pudding 1

Mango Pudding 2

Dim Sum Garden on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment