Garlic Shrimps with Chili


First time I know about Donna Hay from my multiply friend, mbak Arfi (mbak is used for a more appropriate calling in Javanese) of Homemades who lives in New Zealand. I was trying to look up at the library and yayy I could find and borrow it. I'm still amazed with the pictures in that magazine. Lovely pictures.

While I was reading a tempting recipe "Garlic Prawns with Chili" in Donna Hay magazine, it reminded me of Balado Udang (Western Sumatran Style Chili Shrimp). A shrimp in Canada is a prawn in Australia. What did I modify from the original recipe? I added fried minced garlic at the end of the cooking process, just like Udang ala Bie Fong Tong aka Bie Fong Tong Style Breaded Shrimp.

Here, it is one of the recipe that I modified from Donna Hay magazine.

Category:
Meat & Seafood

Ingredients:
2 tbsp unsalted butter (Original recipe added 150 g butter)
1 tbsp olive oil with fried garlic (Original recipe didn't add this)
3 garlic cloves, crushed (Original recipe added 5 garlic cloves)
chilli flakes as much as desired (Original recipe added 1 1/2 tsp cilli flakes)
seasalt as desired
40 medium shrimp, peeled, tails intact
6-8 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
lemon wedges to serve

Directions:
Fried garlic for sprinkle
1. Clean and drain off the minced garlic, sun-dried the garlic to reduce the moist (I used the oven to dry off).
2. Deep-fry the garlic until crispy and golden brown.
3. Garlic ready to use as sprinkle.

Garlic Shrimp with Chili
Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add butter, spanish olive oil, crushed garlic, chilli and salt. Cook for 1 minute. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Add fried garlic, stir evenly. Place the shrimp in induviduals bowls. Serve with lemon wedges and steamed rice or crusty bread.

PS. Do not throw away your shrimp skin/head. You can use for shrimp broth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment