Fruit Riccota Mini Tarts

I saw a recipe in Anna Olson's cookbook "Another Cup of Sugar". She is one of my favorite pastry and dessert chefs. I only adapted the tart's mousse filling from her Hawaiian Tart's recipe.

Since I don't have lots time to make the tart shell, I used sweetened mini tart shells' ready-to-bake. Why did I choose the sweetened one? Because the unsweetened one contains L-cysteine, which I'm not sure what kind of L-cysteine that is (I read one of the possibly resource is body fluids). On the other hand the sweetened one contains vegetable shortening).

In Olson�s recipe, she added mascarpone cheese for mousse filling. Instead of mascarpone cheese I added riccota cheese, which is cheaper than mascarpone. Olson's recipe also added mango pulp and I subtituted for peach pureed. For garnish, you can add any tropical fruit instead of blueberry and peach.





Category:
Desserts
Special Consideration:
Quick and Easy

Ingredients:
Crust
12 tart shells ready to bake

Peach Mousse Filling
1/2 cup low fat ricotta
3 1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp lime zest
1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 cup pureed peach (you can subtitute for peach pulp)

Garnish
blueberries
peach slices




Directions:
FOR CRUST, preheat oven to 425 F. Place tart shells on middle oven rack. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Shell should be a rich golden brown edges. Allow to cool in a pan, then remove.

FOR PEACH MOUSSE FILLING, cream riccota gently with sugar to soften. Add lime zest and juice, and peach pureed/pulp. Stir until evenly blended (switch to a whisk if you wish, but be careful not to overbeat. If mousse is too soft, chill for 20 minutes to firm up. Pipe or spoon mousse into tart shell and chill until ready to serve.

GARNISH with blueberries and peach slices immediatelly before serving.


0 comments:

Post a Comment